27 December 2007

Happy Hostelling in Cornwall

Every year since my husband turned 40 I've booked a youth hostel for a weekend break in February with a group of friends. Mostly we've sampled the youth hostels of Cornwall and had a great time - the shared food, wine and company of old friends outweighing the odd cold shower or broken oven. However, last year I'd vowed that it would be the last - with all our children now becoming picky teenagers, the struggle of getting everyone to commit was proving to be too much of a challenge.

However, with plans for Christmas and New Year sorted my thoughts started to turn to the dreary days of February and how to get through the grey winter months. Perhaps it would be nice after all to have a friendly gathering in Cornwall to look forward to - and aren't the skys always brighter in Cornwall than the dull Bristol cityscape?



Read more of this article on my new travel blog at Heatheronhertravels.com

Back to Travel Blog Home

No comments: