5 December 2008

Friday Photo - Internet in the Rainforest at Sarayaku - in Ecuador

Today I'm joining in with the Friday photo over at Delicious Baby to bring you a story from my travels with a story behind it.

Last October I spent three weeks travelling in Ecuador and we spent a few days in the rainforest community of Sarayaku on the Rio Bobonaza which flows down to join with the Amazon. This is a village which so far has fought off the oil companies and loggers who want to move into their territory and can only be reached by half a day in a canoe from the nearest town, or by light aircraft.

Read more in my article on my new blog at Heatheronhertravels.com

Back to Travel Blog Home

1 comment:

Dinners & Dreams said...

I love the rain forest. I've been to Costa Rica and Panama and was amazed by the fauna and flora. I hope to visit more of the American continent down the road.

Nisrine