26 September 2008

Friday photo - the view from Richmond Hill

Today I've travelled back to my childhood home of Richmond on the outskirts of London. I'm joining in with Delicious Baby to bring you a Friday photo with a story behind it.

As I walked along the terrace above Richmond Hill to admire the famous view, I paused to chat with an artist who had set up his easel there.

Painting the view from Richmond Hill


Read more of this article on my new travel blog at Heatheronhertravels.com

Back to Travel Blog Home

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved this shot. I made Tim stop the car and turn around so I could take a shot of a small group of artists (I suspect an art class) painting en plein aire along the Atlantic Ocean in Rhode Island a couple of weeks back.
In fact, I was considering using it for a Photo Friday somewhere down the line :P

I always wish I could be out there painting with artists when I see them outside like this.
It was interesting to hear a different take on painting a pretty outdoors scene.

Anonymous said...

OMG!! I remember this view (though had no idea what is was or that it was famous)) My husband's grandmum lived nearby and we went for a walk and came across it.

Unknown said...

I don't think this gentleman is the first to find Richmond boring; Virginia Woolf complained of the same thing. I've only been there once to see a play and thought it was charming.

I suppose there are worse ways to make a living, even if this has become dull for him!

Nomadic Matt said...

I love the photo heather. Amazing.

Anonymous said...

What a great perspective, and a great way of reminding us not to be so quick to pigeon-hole the places we visit.