8 September 2008

A trick of the eye - in Sardinia

I told you that I detected a quiet sense of humour in the Sardinians and a feeling that things are not always what they seem. So take a look at these typical buildings you might find in any Sardinian town or village.


Then do a double take as I did, when you notice the tromp l'oeil effects that have been painted on to catch you out. Cool, don't you think?

Read more of this article on my new travel blog at Heatheronhertravels.com

Back to Travel Blog Home

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is some really beautiful artwork. It's amazing what you can find when exploring the streets of all the cities you visit when traveling. I found some truly amazing artwork while roaming the streets of Granada, Spain a few years ago. It's really fascinating how these small streets with graffiti sprayed on the walls has become a tourist attraction (the graffiti artists can be quite poetic, too)!

Anonymous said...

Wow that is neat. You are right what a sense of humor. Ans it looks beautiful. You t=should think about uploading these pics to baraaza.com, it a new travel site I found a few days ago.

Nicole