30 September 2008

A river trip to Greenwich - in London

Although we were reluctant to leave the artistic delights of the V & A museum in London, my friend and I had decided to continue our day out in London with a trip down the river to Greenwich.

Tower bridge from the Thames

We emerged from the tube at Embankment tube station to find the pier for the river boat just across the road. The service from here is designed for commuters as well as tourists and leaves every 20 minutes to take you up and down the river, making may stops along the way. The trip to Greenwich cost around £8 return which was not unreasonable considering that the boat was very comfortable and we got an excellent view of some key sites from the river.


Read more of this article on my new travel blog at Heatheronhertravels.com

Back to Travel Blog Home

4 comments:

London Hotel said...

Nice pics. My friend was in the river trip, when he traveled in London via easy click travel. I saw his photos too, they are amazing!

ronin1770 said...

If you are visiting London - make sure you bought London Pass. It is one ticket for 56+ attractions in London. You get extra benefits extra discounts in Restaurants and Retail outlets. More information London Pass

Cheap Lots in Samara Costa Rica said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I think I will leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.