20 September 2008

A hotel with a view at Monte Maccione - in Sardinia

For the last two nights of our holiday in Sardinia this August, we decided to move inland to enjoy some of the mountain scenery that Sardinia has to offer. You only have to drive half an hour away from the coast to be in the mountains in Sardinia and in less than an hour we were at Oliena, close to the town of Nuoro.

Entrance to the hotel at Monte Maccione

We followed the signs through the village, up a steep and winding track to arrive at the hotel of Coop Enis at Monte Maccione, which overlooks the valley below. This is the perfect place for treking and mountain walking especially if you are interested in the natural habitat of the National Park that surrounds the hotel. As it was so hot, and my teenagers are allergic to walking, we used it as a base for visiting the town of Nuoro and the murals at Orgosolo nearby.

Read more of this article on my new travel blog at Heatheronhertravels.com

Back to Travel Blog Home

4 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, these pictures are absolutely beautiful! I ope to travel there someday...

London Hotel said...

Wow! Amazing place. I never was in Sardinia, but the nature and mountains look great. I'm planning my vacation to the next year thorough easy click travel. I'm shore will add Sardinia to my list. Thanks.

Las Vegas Hotels said...

great post..

I know how difficult it is finding a good spot. I was in Las Vegas Hotels a holiday last summer and it took me ages finding a good hotel at a good price.I think the only thing that has eased my process was LTM. I highly recommend them. You should try their website. I found a good Las Vegas hotel...

http://www.lastminutetravel.com/Destination/Las-Vegas-Hotels.aspx

Kitty said...

Oliena is a wonderful destination in Sardinia. I love so much Sardinia because there is a spectacular sea and it host a lot of services. There are a lot of Sardinia offers and you can easily organise your trip in Sardinia.