11 September 2008

Some cool things in Nuoro - in Sardinia

When I worked in the geeky world of IT with a load of software developers, the cool stuff was always described as 'Coolio' and the non-cool stuff was 'Lame'. As the town of Nuoro, in eastern Sardinia, is the sort of place you probably wouldn't go out of your way to visit, let alone build your honeymoon around, you might put it in the 'Lame' category.

But in the day we spent there I managed to find a few little gems that I thought were pretty cool. That's cool as in fun and interesting, not cool as in hip in trendy - if you want hip and trendy I suggest you take your holidays in Ibiza rather than Sardinia.

So I thought I'd do a little series about five cool things from Nuoro.

Caffe Tettamanzi in Nuoro

My starter is a great little cafe called Caffe Tettamanzi on the pedestrianised Corso Garibaldi at No 71. From the pavement it's the normal layout with outdoor tables where you can sit and watch the world go by. But when you venture in, it's got a lovely traditional mirrored interior and painted ceiling with cherubs flitting about.

Read more of this article on my new travel blog at Heatheronhertravels.com

Back to Travel Blog Home

No comments: