5 November 2008

A tour of Romas Mansion - on Zakynthos

I wrote in my introduction to Zakynthos, that this Greek island is more a place for sun and relaxation than for culture, but at Romas Mansion in Zante town I found the exception to the rule.

At Romas mansion in Zante town

Romas Mansion is one of the few old house in Zante town that survived the earthquake of 1953 and subsequent fire which destroyed practically the whole town. It is the home of the aristocratic Romas family and was opened a couple of years ago to give a glimpse into the life of one of the leading political families on the island.


Read more of this article on my new travel blog at Heatheronhertravels.com

Back to Travel Blog Home

2 comments:

Nomadic Matt said...

if u move away from blogger your can get away from having to manually add related posts!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'll probably move over to Wordpress soon if I can stop getting distracted by reading too many blogs.