18 April 2008

Palacio de Marques de Dos Aguas - in Valencia

You may be aware that I am a lover of painted ceramics, so when I discovered that there was a ceramics museum in Valencia I immediately put it on my list of must-sees.

When I arrived I discovered that the museum is housed in the most delicious concoction of over-the-top baroque and rococco, in the Palacio de Marques de Dos Aguas.

The exterior is covered with ornate marble decoration in sugar almond shades and the huge carved alabaster entrance was designed by Hipólito Rovira and alludes to the two rivers Turia and Júcar of the Marques' title. There's even a painted-gilt Cinderella coach to greet you in the entrance and the marble decoration continues inside as you walk up the stairs.

Read more of this article on my new travel blog at Heatheronhertravels.com

Back to Travel Blog Home

No comments: