14 March 2008

Planning our Roman holiday

I'm sure my parents will be keen on admiring the marvels of St Peter's and the Sistine chapel. However, I suspect that my ten year old son will be more interested in sampling the best gelato and pizza that Rome can offer. As for me, I can imagine myself dabbling in the Trevi fountain or posing incognito behind my sunglasses like some starlet of the 1950s.

I'm currently researching some things to do that will give my son a holiday to remember but which we can all enjoy together. We have two full days and two half days, and of course I've been using all the blogs I can find as my guidebook.


Back to Travel Blog Home

5 comments:

Sara, Ms Adventures in Italy said...

Wow Heather, it looks like you're definitely ready! Isn't the Internet great? I'll keep thinking but you hit all the high spots.

Blork said...

You asked :is it possible to find somewhere that serves Roman specialities and also pizza and pasta to keep my son happy?" I think you'll have no problems with that. In particular, the area to the west of Piazza Navona, roughly the triangle bounded by Piaza Navona, Via del Governo Vecchio, and Via del Coronari, is full of those small family run places.

Google Maps:
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=rome,+italy&ie=UTF8&ll=41.899149,12.470944&spn=0.005718,0.011491&z=17

I envy you! Rome is such a fun and delicious city to visit. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Oh, hey, why not check out my photo album of "Eating in Italy?" Some of it's from Rome...

http://www.blork.org/blorkblog/album-eating-italy-2006/index.html

Anonymous said...

Thankyou so mych for your tips Blork, I checked out your photo album and map - you certainly ate well while you were in Italy.

Wendy said...

Hi Heather,
what a great trip you have planned. The great thing about Rome is that there really is something for everyone. I would also suggest the boho chic neighborhood of Trastevere if you have time. Plenty of cafes there. The main piazza is Santa Maria.

Amy @ The Q Family said...

Wow! Looks like you have done a lot of researches and planning. I will need to save this for my future trip. :)